Link to Application:
The Latham Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the positions of Part-Time and Full-Time Firefighter. The starting salary per the negotiated contract is $18.00 per hour with benefits for Full-Time employees. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6AM – 6PM.
Candidates must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
· Applicants, at the time of employment, must reside in one of the following counties to be considered eligible for employment: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, or Schoharie.
· Valid NYS Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Basic
· At the time of interview, candidates must provide proof of completion from the NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) – Office of Fire Prevention and Control (OFPC) or equivalent for the following courses:
o Firefighter 1
o Firefighter 2
o Firefighter Survival
· If a candidate has not completed Firefighter Survival and/or FAST, but is currently enrolled, this may be considered.
· Please transmit your stated interest, current resume, application, and copies of all other relevant course work to the Latham Fire Department Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 1, 2022.
· There is no established or guaranteed number of scheduled hours per week for the part-time employment opportunity.