📢 We are hiring! 📢
The Latham Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the positions of Part-Time and Full-Time Firefighter. The starting salary per the negotiated contract is $16.09 per hour.
Candidates must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
· Applicants must reside in one of the following counties to be considered eligible for employment: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, or Schoharie.
· Valid NYS Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Basic
· At the time of interview, candidates must provide proof of completion from the NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) – Office of Fire Prevention and Control (OFPC) or equivalent for the following courses:
o Firefighter 1
o Firefighter 2
o Firefighter Survival
· If a candidate has not completed Firefighter Survival and/or FAST, but is currently enrolled, this may be considered.
· A written exam, skills review and physical skills test may be scheduled at a later date.
· Candidates are required to pass a Physical examination administered by the department’s medical provider.
· Successful Candidates will be invited to participate in an oral interview for the position.
· Please transmit your stated interest, current resume, application, and copies of all other relevant course work to the Latham Fire Department Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
· Part Time employees typically work 2 – 3 days per week (M-F) with shifts from 6am-6pm.